When I started this in July, I was only looking to consistently write for a few months. I have been trying for years to find a blog format that keeps me engaged.
Here I am in February, still engaged! I am taking a moment to look back at the past few months and what I am working on. This post may be dull, unless you like blog statistics. Surprisingly, I get obsessed with them.
So, big events since July:
- I bought the domain name for the blog.
- My own stories and novels are being published, albeit, mostly personally.
What about the statistics?
- In 2015 – from July to December- there were 114 visitors and 165 views to the guide.
- So far in 2016 (less than 2 months) – there have been 169 visitors and 211 views.
- My goal: double what would have been a year’s worth of stats for 2015.
- 114 visitors doubled is 228 (double that)
- 165 views doubled is 330 (double that)
- 2016 goal: 456 visitors and 660 views.
What’s most popular:
- Other than the main blog page, right now the Carry On entry is the most popular by a significant difference.
- The top source, other than search engines, is Facebook. Tumblr is picking up the pace though.
- The US is the most common location for my readers, but Brazil is a close second.
What’s coming up this summer:
- Pinterest – I am playing with board ideas and will make some open to collaboration
- I will have a better idea of how each social media platform will be used.
- April is going to have at least 1 entry a day (maybe 2) while I attempt NaBloMo for the first time.
- Instagram for images of what I am reading. I am going to see if I can just feed a specific tag or something.
- Summer plans: weekend posts to deal with things outside of the three themed days. I am enjoying the way I am doing things right now, but some things get missed because I tag them on to these entries. You will see a few changes this spring, but by summer I hope to have all the kinks out.
- Guest posts will be more common as I start inviting people to participate.