Even though Modern Persuasion doesn’t come out until March, I want people to get to know the characters. There are a lot of things I thought about in relation to each character, but these things didn’t need to be in the book. Two times a month you will have a chance to get to know 5 things about the characters in Modern Persuasion that aren’t in the book.
Today, you have a chance to get to know Emma Shaw.
- Emma is not a fan of Jane Austen. She read Sense & Sensibility in high school and hated it. She refused to read any other Jane Austen books. I know… how dare she.
- Since she works in publishing she reads a lot, but she rarely reads classics. Her favorite book is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. She has a secret love of gothic era novels, but thinks the Bronte heroes are douche bags.
- I listened to her favorite music as I wrote this book. Emma loves female singer/songwriters of this generation including: Regina Spektor, Alison Sudol (A Fine Frenzy), and Ingrid Michaelson.
- As a child she always got Barbie Dolls as gifts for holidays and birthdays. She wanted Star Wars action figures instead. To make it work she turned her Barbies into a race of giant Amazonian women who had a planet in the Star Wars universe.
- When she takes quizzes on which Harry Potter house she belongs to, she never gets the same answer. Sometimes she is a Hufflepuff and sometimes a Ravenclaw.
Is there anything else you want to know about Emma? Ask in the comments!