I am not sure we all have an Elizabeth in our lives. I am pretty sure we might not want one. In the original Persuasion, Elizabeth is just a snob. She is a snob because she is beautiful and a snob because she has a high position in society. I had to do a lot of thinking about her. Not because she didn’t easily fit in the story, but because I needed to understand how she fit into this story. Elizabeth’s type of snobbery will always exist.
Here are 5 things you won’t know about Elizabeth from the story.
- She doesn’t read. Yes, her parents were both publishers and avid readers. Yes, both her sisters are readers. Elizabeth sees no value in books. If it is any good, she will see the movie.
- Her favorite movie is Clueless!
- There is a reason she is Walter’s favorite child, but she is far more manipulative than he realizes. She learned very quickly that if she encourages her father to spend his money, he will very often spend it on her.
- When she goes on dates she only orders steak and fries. If the restaurant doesn’t serve that, she won’t oder anything except a drink.
- These two pairs of shoes are her favorite Manolo Blahniks: