As 2016 comes to an end, the US starts the holiday season with Thanksgiving. This year my parents are coming into town to celebrate the holiday. This is the first Thanksgiving we are celebrating without either of my grandmothers. This Thanksgiving happens on a year of a variety of good times and bad times. I am going to talk more about that next month, but it will be a very different Thanksgiving for my family. I thought I would share a few things I am thankful for this year:
- My parents who continue to be my biggest cheerleaders.
- My sister who, as she grows older, has more in common with me than she has ever before in our lives.
- Emily, Deb, Christi, and Patrick who are the greatest friends I could ask for.
- The writers at Mill Pages and SIPA who have been an amazing support system for me this past year. I don’t think I would have had the confidence to ever even try to get published if it wasn’t for them.
- More specifically, to Laura who has provided me with so many opportunities to grow and learn as an author.
- The Librarians in my life who help keep me sane and thinking about the big picture: Winifred, Veronica, Millie, Anna, Jen, Amy, Margaret, Kristi, Jeremy, and Rachel
- To my growing circle of Wikipedia friends who keep me excited about being a Wikipedian.
- That I have been able to spend the last 15 years with my grandfathers in my life.
- Even though I lost both grandmothers this year, I got to know them as an adult.
- That even when things seem dark and difficult, I can still find joy in the world and the people around me.
What about you? What are you thankful for?