In this next installment of Modern Persuasion character profiles, we are at the last of the characters inspired by one of my friends. Patrick, like Christi, are two of the people closest to me in my life. Some of the details about Patrick are inspired exactly by the real man, but others were tweaked a little.
I suspect a lot of friends are going to read the book and wonder which character they inspired. Some may wonder which character is me. It’s natural for people to do this and even I find myself trying to discover more about an author through a character. In this story, only Christi and Patrick were actually inspired by their real-life counterparts. Believe me friends, I will tell you when you inspire a character.
Here are 5 things you won’t know about Patrick from reading Modern Persuasion.
- He only eats cheese pizza. He hates any other things on his pizza. He will buy his own pizza just to make sure he gets what he wants.
- His favorite author is Brandon Sanderson.
- He is very into technology, but is pragmatic about it. He doesn’t get the coolest, but the best at meeting his needs. This is why he got a Zune when everyone else got iPods.
- He prefers to drink sweet wines and always has a very large bottle of Moscato in his fridge.
- His favorite way to unwind is to play video games. He plays with Victor and Fredrick. He and Victor will play from different rooms in the house and thus have 2 of every console they buy.