As we near the publication of Modern Persuasion, we only have a few more characters to meet. This month we are going to meet Mr. and Mrs. Musgrove. These are Louisa and Tommy’s parents, Mary’s in-laws, and Thing 1 & 2’s grandparents. Who are these people? We really never know, but here are five things about Mrs. Musgrove that you won’t read in the book.
- Her first name is Henrietta. Everyone calls her Etta.
- She is obsessed with Mickey Mouse and classic Disney. Her homes are full of Disney paraphernalia. Most of it is quite valuable and rare.
- She, like Mary, decided it made sense for her to be a stay-at-home mother while her kids were young. As they started school, she stated a business at home instead of going back to work in an office. She because a very popular party planner for weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, sweet 16s, and other types of parties. She planned Mary and Tommy’s wedding.
- After Violet passed away, she noticed that Mary was often left directionless. Walter focused on Elizabeth and Karen focused on Emma. She pretty much adopted Mary to make sure the girl still have a parental figure in her life.
- Her favorite color is green. Every room in her beach house has some shade of green in it.