Last summer, when this was more of a book blog, I took on the task of re-reading the Harry Potter series. In that time I only got through books 1-4 and then other books distracted me again. This summer I am revisiting the Harry Potter books, but not necessarily blogging about them all. I started with the audiobook for Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.
Here are 5 things you might want to know about the book.
- There are now two books that can be considered to fit in this title. There is the classic book that Rowling wrote as a Hogwarts textbook. The other is the original screenplay of the movie. The audiobook is for the former.
- Actually, it’s a little more than the original textbook, it has been updated with the movie content in mind. It addresses content from the movie as if it were considered privileged information only just released.
- Eddie Redmayne reads the audiobook as Newt Scamander.
- The audiobook was recorded for Comic Relief and the Lumos Foundation. Yes, you can still buy it!
- This month was the 20th anniversary of the publication of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I know, not about this book, but still awesome!