OMG I am so freaking excited to share the character profile for Wil. Mr. Darcy remains one of the most iconic heroes of literature. I have loved him for years. Today, I am going to share 5 things you won’t know about Wil if you only read Phi Alpha Pi.
I admit, these aren’t going to be too deep. He’s a major character in the book and you will learn plenty about him as you read.
- His favorite book series are the Horatio Hornblower books.
- His favorite food is super spicy buffalo chicken wings.
- He watches a lot of 24 hours news, but that’s because being informed is very important to him. In reality, he would much rather watch The Daily Show. He does, but he wishes it was the only thing he could watch.
- For this book I did a lot of research on Meyers-Briggs personality profiles. I started because I realized that, like me, Mr. Darcy (and thus Wil) is an INTJ. This is not a common personality profile, but explains a lot of choices the character makes. With Wil, I made his social anxiety more visible. I suspect a good 90% of his behavior, and how Lizbeth interprets it, comes right from his personality profile mixed with social anxiety.
- His dream in life is to sail around the world on his own boat.