- The Postman Always Rings Twice
- Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography
- Fifty Shades of Grey
- Blind Descent
- Snow Falling on Cedars
- The last bit of Moscato wine that Pat, Christi, and I drank Saturday night.
- Those special Lays truffle fries potato chips- they are pretty good- like sour cream and onion.
When I saw Neil Patrick Harris at Book Expo in 2014, I knew I needed to get a copy of his autobiography from his publisher. Then they gave me a small excerpt. I was annoyed because Jason Segel was also there with his book and they gave us a similar excerpt. I dislike excerpt. Having two actors I love from How I Met Your Mother with books coming out, but not given away was annoying. To make it even worse Cary Elwes has a book coming out that I also wanted and was handed… you guessed it… a excerpt. I paid for print copies of all three books with pleasure and then also got the audiobooks. All three were great audiobooks. I have already gone on about how great Elwes is as a reader. Segel was good, but NPH was fun. He is a great reader. I have been on the hold list for this audiobook since April. It was worth the wait.
Here is the thing about comedian memoir audiobooks:
- they are often read by the author
- these people are funny
- these people wrote the book they are reading
- these people know the intended tone
- Sometimes other funny people participate in their audiobook
Anyway, why should I go on and on when you can actually listen to an excerpt yourself.
See what I did there- I only gave you an excerpt like those jerks did to me. You know my pain!
Please to enjoy- next week: ARMADA! I am super excited and really enjoying it.