It’s Friday and usually I talk about something book related here. Since it is June and I am re-reading Harry Potter, I thought I would share some fun Harry Potter related things I got obsessed with this week.
- As we get closer to the premier of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, more information will be coming out. This week we got cast photos for both the Potter and Weasley families. Can we talk about how spot on the Harry casting is? Jamie Parker’s costuming and make up remind me so much of Adrian Rawlins’s version of James Potter. No, we will not discuss the race issue today. I have already gotten in fights with friends who can’t pivot to ANY new Hermione, let alone a new race.
- I am sure it is all connected, but The Toast is revisiting the Ronbuldore theory (that Dumbledore is just Ron traveling back in time). I don’t know what to think of this theory yet, but I am enjoying the level of detail people have gone to prove it.
- My sister is obsessed with sending me videos about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. This week I debated the level of regret I would feel about going into a diabetic coma after eating all the candy at Honeydukes… Final decision: I regret nothing! You can watch the video.
- Technically, this was last week, but I also saw something about why Harry’s class size at Hogwarts was so small. It’s not really a theory as birth rates change all the freaking time due to circumstances like this. It’s just sad to think about.
- I don’t care for Cormac McLaggen, but when he is on Game of Thrones… OK, that’s not true. I secretly love him. The last time I saw him was in Pitch Perfect, but I was distracted by his abs.