This November, for National Novel Writing Month, I am trying something new. Christi and I are going to write a novel together. We are going to modernize Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey as a ghost hunting adventure.
We are doing a lot to prepare. Including watching ghost hunting television shows, horror movies, and more. One thing I want to do is re-read Northanger Abbey to make sure I have covered all my bases. Our basic outline and list of character is coming along very well, but I haven’t read the book in many years. I want to make sure I am making the right decisions.
I thought it would be fun to try a read-a-long. Usually, since this book club is just me, only I get to talk about books. Well, now you can be part of that discussion.
Sign up if you want to participate! Yes, there will be a sticker involved! No, no prizes. This is for fun.
Here is how it will work:
- Get any copy of the book you want. Buy it, check it out, get the ebook, listen to the audiobook… just focus on the version of the book you want. You have until October 1 to get it. Hopefully that will be plenty of time.
- At the end of September I will email everyone (and post here for back-up) the schedule of discussions. They will be broken up by chapters so that we can finish the book by the end of the month.
- Each week I will post an entry here on Thursdays for people to post their comments about what we read. This can include: questions, favorite details, quotes, or anything else you want to mention.
- The month ends and… that’s it… well, for now that’s it. There may be more later.
- I will email you through the month with reminders on which chapters to read and when discussion posts are open.