She was inspired by one of my best friends, so the fictional Christi shares many qualities with her real life counter part. Not all the characters have a prominent place in the book, but they drive the action forward.
In the book, Christi is Fredrick’s editor. I can’t really describe her more because… well, spoilers sweetie! Here are five things you won’t know about her from reading the book.
Can you guess which of these is about the real Christi too?
- Now this is important to know about publishing. An editor really doesn’t go on tour with an author. A major author may take a publicist, but these days the publisher isn’t really involved in the promotion of the book. So, the big question is: why is Christi scheduled to go on tour with Fredrick? Well, mostly because she wants to go. He is famous and she wants to meet his famous friends. Not because she wants to edit their books, but because she has a few celebrity crushes that she hopes he can help her meet. She justified it by explaining that his celebrity status could lead to a situation where she would need to be there to resolve it. Oh… if only she knew… SPOILERS!
- She has an addiction to Lays Dill Pickle potato chips. She keeps a spare bag in her office incase she needs to eat the entire bag for lunch.
- She and Fredrick bonded over their love of horror books. She has a secret love of paranormal romance books. Her most prized book is an autographed copy of A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.
- Her favorite type of reality television are the ghost hunting shows. She is a true believer.
- She is fiercely protective of the people she cares about and she knows how to use a gun. Just saying…