There are just a few days left in NaNoWriMo 2016. As of writing this, I am less than 3,000 words away from a win of 50,000 words. I am by no means near finished with anything. While I have mostly put aside my work on Northanger Farm, I have had some major developments with the Elementals Series. Here is what has happened in the last 2 weeks:
- On November 19, I had a 6,000 word day. What happened? I credit it all to our 1st regional Coffee Crawl. We spent 13 hours jumping from location to location. I, personally, got 9 hours of writing in. It was the buffer I needed to both catch up and get ahead for the Thanksgiving week.
- I discovered bullet journaling this past week and now I am completely distracted with it. I considered adding a NaNoWriMo spread, but opted to just work forward. That being said, come April, if I am still using a bullet journal, I probably will have one.
- In an unexpected bonus, I was quite productive during Thanksgiving weekend. On the evening of Thanksgiving I wrote about 2,500 words in a little over an hour. I wrote through something that had been in my head for a week, but had not gotten to. I just stopped what I had been working on, picked up this thread, and went with it.
- On Sunday I got about 3,000 words written in 4 hours at a Write-In. By this point in the month I am often alone at these events. Today not only were there 6 of us there writing, but a SIPA writer showed up and, although he was not officially participating in NaNoWriMo, he wrote with us a little. Also, one long time participant, who was there to write his NaNoWriMo novel, wrote with a friend of his, but did work on his novel. It was so energizing to have so many people so late in the month.
- At this point I have enough to start moving forward on the Elementals series, at least for books 1 and 2. I have to flesh out books 3 and 4 a bit more and follow up on book 5. As I write things in these detailed outlines, I know there are aspects of the back story in there, but I am not sure if these need to be told within the plot of the book. I may not be done with it all by the time I reach 50,000 words, but I have enough to put it aside for a while.
- I am ready to get back to editing novel #2 and promoting Modern Persuasion. There are only 4 months left!
There are still 2.5 days left and 3,000 words left to write. More in December! I think this month is going to end in ways I am not expecting!