We have just three more characters to meet in Modern Persuasion. These are very small, but important characters. They provide some motivation for both Emma and Fredrick as the story moved forward. Today we start with Tom Scott.
In Modern Persuasion, Tom Scott is a best selling author who just happens to be one of most popular authors in the world. Here are 5 things you won’t know about him by reading Modern Persuasion.
- He started his career as a literary critic and thought he could easily write best selling dribble.
- Turned out he could and realized best selling dribble was fun.
- Violet, Emma’s mother, was his editor and Walter was the publisher, but they were friends before this. He had gone to college with Violet and they had bonded over their dislike, but reluctant use of the Oxford Comma.
- His favorite novel is War and Peace and has a preference for Russian Literature.
- He got in trouble for editing his own Wikipedia entry. He simply thought it was a good way to share and correct biographical details. They got mad because you should never edit your own Wikipedia entry.